How Do You Make It?
5 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
3/4 cup + 3 tablespoons date sugar, divided
2 oz. unsweetened chocolate, melted
3 tablespoons egg replacer*
2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
3/4 cup gluten-free flour, or fine almond meal or coconut flour
10 ounces vegan cream cheese
Fresh raspberries, for garnish
1 tablespoon powdered (or additional date) sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Using a hand mixer, beat together the coconut oil, ¾ cup date sugar, and melted chocolate in a large bowl.
3. Add the egg replacer and half of the vanilla and beat again, until fluffy, then stir in the flour.
4. Pour into a small, lightly oiled pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool.
5. In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, 3 tablespoons sugar, and remaining teaspoon of vanilla until creamy. Set aside.
6. Stir together the raspberries and tablespoon of sugar and set aside.
7. Cut the brownies in half width-wise. Spread the cream cheese filling on top of one of the brownie halves, then top with the other half.
8. Cut into 4 bars and serve garnished with the raspberries.
*To make a healthy egg replacer, stir together 1 part flax meal with 2 parts water and let sit 15 minutes to congeal, stirring a couple of times.
Makes 4 servings
You must be logged in to post a comment.