The following recipes will help you create amazing cheese substitutes for commonly used cheeses, or provide you with meals in which vegan cheese is absolutely essential.
1. Cheese Scones – These vegan cheese scones are truly delish. Made with wholemeal, baking powder, paprika, vegan margarine, vegan hard cheese, and soya milk.
2. Vegan Cashew Cheese – This is an excellent non-dairy cheese that shreds, slices, and melts. Made with cashews, nutritional yeast, onion and garlic powder, agar agar flakes, soymilk, miso, and lemon juice.
3. Creamy Cheese Sauce – Perfect to use for dipping or topping on noodles for a zesty mac n cheese. Made with leeks, cumin, brown rice flour, soya milk, mustard, yeast spread, vegan cheese, and cauliflower.
4. Hard White Cheese – This vegan cheese is great served with crackers as an appetizer at a dinner party. The recipes uses agar agar powder, cashew nuts, nutritional yeast flakes, lemon juice, tahini, onion granules, mustard powder, and garlic.
5. Vegan Ricotta Cheese – Using tofu makes this vegan ricotta cholesterol-free and lower in fat. Use in a vegan lasagna or ravioli. Easy to make, too.
6. Parmesan Cheese – Extremely simple to make, this vegan parm only uses three ingredients: almonds, nutritional yeast, and salt.
7. Quick Lasagna - A delicious vegan take on lasagna, this recipe won’t keep you in the kitchen for hours on end. The “cheese” part of the recipe is simply made by blending tofu, mustard powder, soymilk, and salt.
8. Vegan Goat Cheese- Goat cheese is one of those cheeses that is so uniquely tasty, for many vegetarians, it’s the one thing holding them back from being truly vegan. This recipe does a mighty good job at recreating the goat cheese taste.
9. Quick Pizza – Pizza and cheese go hand in hand. While cheeseless pizza is the bomb, sometimes a gooier version of the favorite food is called for. Use Daiya cheese for best melt results.
10. Vegetable and Bean Moussaka – This recipe may look like the odd-man-out in our vegan cheese lineup, but once you use Cheezly White Cheddar in it, you’ll see why it made the cut. Totally delicious and great to serve to a large group of people who are dying to be impressed by a vegan cuisine.