Tofu noodles, or Shirataki noodles as they are often called, look like spaghetti but are made from soybean curd and the blended root of the kinnyaku, a yam-like vegetable found in Asia. They are considerably healthier and lower in calories than traditional pasta, and have become increasingly popular in recent years. Because they are sugar-free, gluten-free, and completely vegan, they are great for those who have dietary restrictions.
2. Sesame Shirataki Noodles – Great in the winter months because of the warming effects of squash.
3. Gluten Free Mexican Shirataki Casserole – A gluten-free take on the Mexican casserole. Delicious!
5. Meatless Spaghetti with Shirataki Noodles- A low-carb and vegan version of a Bolognese sauce.
6. Asparagus Shirataki Angel Hair Pasta Salad – Light and refreshing pasta salad dish.
7. Zucchini Shirataki Pancakes- Best served with salsa and soy yogurt or soy sour cream topping. Include some corn and black beans, too!
8. Confetti and Shirataki Fettucine Salad – A fun, quick, nutritious pasta salad.
9. Tofu Shirataki Fettuccini Alfredo – This dish is filling yet still very low in calories! Dig in.
10. Gluten-Free Shirataki Noodle and White-Bean Salad – Simple yet elegant.