Holidays, especially Easter, with all the ham, milk chocolate, and baked goods, can be hard for a vegan or vegetarian. But that doesn’t mean a vegan should be resigned to the boring side dishes. Check out these classic Easter vegan spin-offs and enjoy the holidays as much as everyone around you!
1. Artichoke Mashed Potatoes – This vegan mashed potato recipe creates an
extra gourmet touch by adding artichokes to the mix. Serve with vegetarian gravy for the complete works.
2. Creamy Carrot Soup with Coconut – Creamy carrot soup is a classic Easter dish, and this vegan recipe definitely makes up for any loss you may feel by not eating with
the dairy-infused version. You can serve this soup hot or cold.
3. Pralined Sweet Potatoes – Make sure to use vegan margarine and brown sugar on these delicious vegan sweet potatoes. This dish totally hits the spot with those looking for a sweet and savory meal.
4. Portobello and Asparagus Pasta – This pasta dish is a healthy alternative to any creamy or meaty pasta they may be serving up at your relative’s house. Portobello, asparagus, and sun-dried tomatoes create a meal so appetizing, you’ll be warding meat-eaters off with your fork.
5. Vegetarian Frittata – Use tofu instead of eggs for this delightful frittata. Nutritional yeast is used to add a tangy flavor. Perfect to eat for an Easter breakfast or brunch.