Discover ten vegetarian entrées to write home about. Or at least share with a few friends.
1. Whole Wheat Vegetarian Lasagna – This recipe calls for whole-wheat lasagna noodles and spinach. Replace the mozzarella, Parmesan, and cottage cheese with soy or homemade substitutes if going vegan.
2. Baked Barely Casserole – A healthy vegetarian casserole recipe similar to a barley pilaf. It’s high in fiber and low in fat – perfect for vegetarians due to its high protein content.
3. Sweet and Sour Tempeh – A Chinese-inspired vegan tempeh recipe that uses pineapples and peppers in a scrumptious sweet and sour sauce. Serve over brown rice or any other whole grain.
4. Vegetarian “Meat” Loaf – This all-American comfort food is made from mock meat, ketchup, and fresh spices. A must-eat.
5. Vegetarian “Pepperoni” Pizza – This pizza uses vegetarian pepperoni and cheese. Look for the SmartDeli brand’s vegetarian “pepperoni” slices to top off this meatless pizza.
6. Walnut Penne Pasta – The sun-dried tomatoes and walnuts in this pasta dish create a decadent and gourmet flavor to this pasta dish, without getting too fancy.
7. Curried Rice and Lentils- Using your crock-pot or slow cooker, you can make this traditional Indian recipe, perfect for a vegan.
8. Garlic Quinoa with Parmesan Cheese – This recipe is extremely easy to make. Challenge yourself by adding fried tofu or different vegetables of your choosing. Top with nutritional yeast instead of Parmesan cheese, and use olive oil instead of butter, for a truly healthy, vegan dish.
9. Orange Glazed Tempeh – A vegan spin on Chinese orange chicken, notice how the tempeh resembles its tangy and sweet orange glazed taste.
10. Spinach and Bean Pasta – A high-protein pasta recipe, perfect for vegetarians. This pasta recipe combines spinach with three kinds of beans in a healthy, yummy vegan white sauce.